Leyes fundamentales de la estupidez humana: 1a) Siempre e inevitablemente cada uno de nosotros subestima el número de individuos estúpidos que circulan por el mundo; 2a) La probabilidad de que una persona determinada sea estúpida es independiente de cualquier otra característica de la misma persona; 3a) Una persona estúpida es una persona que causa un daño a otra persona o grupo de personas sin obtener, al mismo tiempo, un provecho para sí, o incluso obteniendo un perjuicio; 4a) Las personas no estúpidas subestiman siempre el potencial nocivo de las personas estúpidas. Los no estúpidos, en especial, olvidan constantemente que en cualquier momento y lugar, y en cualquier circunstancia, tratar y/o asociarse con individuos estúpidos se manifiesta infaliblemente como un costosísimo error; 5a) La persona estúpida es el tipo de persona más peligrosa que existe (Corolario: el estúpido es más peligroso que el malvado.) (Carlo M. Cipolla)
- Associate Professor (2019 – present) at the Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (ISAE-SUPAERO), Toulouse, France: “Signal Processing”, “Estimation Theory” and “Navigation” (MSc ISAE-SUPAERO, MSc Aerospace Engineering (MAE) and MSc TAS Astro (Space Systems Engineering)).
- Lecturer (2017 – 2018) at the Telecommunications and Aerospace Engineering School (EETAC-UPC), Barcelona, Spain: “Aircraft Navigation, Cartography and Cosmography”, Fall 2017 & Spring 2018.
- Teaching Assistant (2006 – 09) at the Grenoble Institute of Technology (INPG) and Joseph Fourier University (UJF), Grenoble, France: “Advanced Modulations Techniques”, Master Communication Systems Engineering (INPG); “Matlab for Signal Processing”, Physics (INPG); “Digital Communications”, Electrical Engineering (INPG); “Mathematics for Electrical Engineering”, Electrical Engineering (UJF).
- Associate Editor for Signal Processing, Elsevier Journal (2018 – present)
- Guest Editor, special issue on “Recent Advances in GNSS-based High Precision Positioning Technology”, Sensors, 2020.
Invited Talks, Seminars & Tutorials
- “A Probabilistic Approach to Trajectory Prediction for Tactical Air Traffic Management”, at the KTN ENGAGE Workshop Thematic Challenge #2: Data-driven Trajectory Prediction, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Castelldefels (Spain), November 2018.
- “A Probabilistic Approach to Localization, Tracking and Navigation”, at the Autonomous Systems Seminar, Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, IL (USA), October 2018.
- “Robust Statistical Inference in Hierarchically Gaussian Dynamic Systems”, at the Laboratoire de l’Intégration du Matériau au Système (IMS), Université de Bordeaux, Bordeaux (France), July 2018.
- “Robust Statistical Inference in Hierarchically Gaussian Dynamic Systems”, at the Electronics, Optronics and Signal Processing Department (DEOS), ISAE-SUPAERO, Toulouse (France), June 2018.
- “Cooperative Positioning and Signal Processing for GNSS in Degraded Environments”, at the Electronics, Optronics and Signal Processing Department (DEOS), ISAE-SUPAERO, Toulouse (France), June 2018 (with Dr. Mònica Navarro and Dr. Javier Arribas).
- “Cooperative Positioning for Real Time Location Systems (RTLS)”, at the Joint Seminar WIBEC/COST-IRACON on Radio frequency Localisation Techniques, Cartagena (Spain), May 2018 (with Dr. Mònica Navarro and Dr. Javier Arribas).
- “A Signal Processing Approach to GNSS in Degraded Environments”, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY (USA). November 2017.
- “Robust Statistical Inference in Hierarchically Gaussian Dynamic Systems”, at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY (USA). November 2017.
- “Robust Statistical Inference in Dynamic Complex Systems”, at the Signal Processing, Imaging, Reasoning, and Learning (SPIRAL) Seminar Series, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (USA). November 2017.
- “Stochastic Filtering in Nonlinear Gaussian High-dimensional Systems”, at the Department of Signal Theory & Communications, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Madrid (Spain). January 2017.
- “Robust Filtering in Nonlinear Hierarchically Gaussian State-space Models”, at the Department of Signal Theory & Communications, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Madrid (Spain). January 2017.
- “Bayesian Filtering in the Gaussian Context: Kalman, Sigma-point and Beyond”, at the EURASIP/IEEE-SPS/N# Summer School in Foundations and Advances in Stochastic Filtering (FASF’15), Barcelona (Spain). June 2015 (with Dr. Carles Fernández-Prades).
- “Optimal Bayesian Estimation: A Brief Overview”, at the Signal Processing for Communications and Navigation (SPCOMNAV) Seminars, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona (Spain). September 2013.
- STSM – Short Term Scientific Mission (Visiting Researcher) at Northeastern University, Boston, MA (USA), working together with Prof. Pau Closas on robust Bayesian parametric/nonparametric statistical inference for indoor localisation, tracking and navigation, October 2018 (1 month). STSM Grant from COST Action CA15104 (IRACON).
- Visiting Researcher at Northeastern University, Boston, MA (USA), working together with Prof. Pau Closas on new robust filtering methods for dynamic complex systems, November 2017 (1 month).
- Visiting Researcher at Gipsa-Lab, Grenoble, France, working together with Prof. Jean-Marc Brossier on the relationship between coding, estimation and quantization, June 2016 (1 month).
- Postdoctoral research stays at CTTC, Barcelona, Spain: i) “Nonlinear Bayesian filtering in high-dimensional systems”, 2012 (3 months); ii) “Development of new approaches to recursive nonlinear filtering”, 2011 (3 months); iii) “Study and implementation of new reduced complexity Bayesian sigma-point filters”, 2010 (2 months).
- STSM – Short Term Scientific Mission (Visiting PhD Student) at CTTC, Barcelona, Spain. Topic: “New nonlinear filtering methods for synchronization and Bayesian bounds for Galileo type signals”, June-July 2009 (2 months). STSM Grant from COST Action IC0803 (RFCSET).
Awards, Recognitions & Grants
- Elected member of the EURASIP Technical Area Committee on Theoretical and Methodological Trends in Signal Processing (TAC-TMTSP). Term 2019-2021. Chair of the Outreach subcommittee.
- Appointed Navigation & Localisation Expert at the Telecommunications for Space and Aeronautics Lab (TéSA), Toulouse, France, 2019.
- Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) Grant, European Commission, COST Action CA15104 (IRACON), October 2018.
- Best Paper in Track Award at the IEEE/ION Position Location and Navigation Symposium (PLANS ’18), “On-line Model Learning for Adaptive GNSS Ionospheric Scintillation Estimation and Mitigation”, 23-26 April 2018, Monterey, CA, USA.
- Awarded the Assistant Professor Accreditation by the Catalan Agency of Quality of the University System (AQU), March 2018.
- Elevated to Senior Researcher of CTTC, January 2018.
- Affiliate Member of the “Signal Processing Theory and Methods (SPTM)” and “Sensor Array and Multichannel (SAM)” Technical Committees of the IEEE-SPS.
- Elevated to Senior Member of the IEEE, November 2017.
- Best Poster Award at the 6th ESA Intl. Colloquium on Scientific and Fundamental Aspects of GNSS / Galileo, “Challenges of Using Low-Cost GNSS Receivers for Ionospheric Scintillation Monitoring”, 25-27 October 2017, Valencia, Spain.
- Awarded the french “Qualification aux fonctions de Maître de Conférences en Section 61 (Génie informatique, automatique et traitement du signal)”, January 2012.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), October 2010 to October 2012.
- Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) Grant, European Commission, COST Action IC0803 (RFCSET), June-July 2009.
- PhD Thesis Grant, French Ministry of Science, October 2006 to October 2009.
- MS Thesis Grant, France Télécom R&D, February to June 2006.
Session Chairing, Conference Organization & TPC
- Member of the Technical Program Committee (TPC) for the IEEE PIMRC’18, IEEE PIMRC’19, EUSIPCO’19, IEEE CAMSAP’19.
- Main organizer – Distinguished Lecturer Tour (DLT), “Indoor localization and tracking: from theoretical foundations to practical applications”, Davide Dardari, Spain (CTTC – Barcelona, UC3M – Madrid, US – Sevilla), June 2018.
- Student Activities Co-Chair, European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO’19), September 2019, A Coruña, Spain.
- Finance Co-Chair, IEEE International Workshop on Computational Advances in Multi- Sensor Adaptive Processing (CAMSAP’19), Guadeloupe, French West Indies, December 2019.
- Student Activities Co-Chair, European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO’21), September 2021.
- Session Chair – “GNSS Signal Processing in Degraded Environments”, Institute of Navigation technical meeting (ION-GNSS+), Miami, FL (USA). September 24–28, 2018.
- Session Chair – “TMTSP PV-Statistical signal processing”, European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO’19), Sept. 2019.
- Special Session Co-Chair – “Navigation and Localization for Intelligent Transportation Systems”, IEEE Intelligent Transportation System Conference (ITSC), Auckland (New Zealand), October 27-30, 2019.
Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE), the IEEE Signal Processing Society (IEEE-SPS) and the IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Society (IEEE-AESS); Affiliate Member of the IEEE-SPS SPTM and SAM Technical Committees, IEEE-SPS; Member of the European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP); Elected Member of the EURASIP “Theoretical and Methodological Trends in Signal Processing Technical Area Committee (TAC-TMTSP); Member of the Institute of Navigation (ION).